At any time, if you would like to Start or Stop the music, press the VOICE button and say:
To navigate through the different sections of the application, press the VOICE button and say:
- Local Stations to play your local radio stations based on your location (when available).
- My Stations to play your saved Live and Custom stations.
- Music and Entertainment to browse radio stations by type. You will be prompted to select a radio category:
- Commercial Free to play featured radio stations without commercials.
- Personalities to play celebrity-hosted channels.
- Genres to be prompted to say a specific genre.
- Talk Radio to browse radio stations by type. You will be prompted to select a talk radio category:
- News & Talk to play Talk Radio stations.
- Public Radio to Public radio stations.
- Sports to play Sports Radio stations.
- Stations by City or Cities to browse radio stations by city. You will be prompted to say a specific state, then city.
- Now Playing to get information on the current song, artist and radio station.
When listening to Live Radio, the following voice commands are available:
- Recommend Station to listen to a new set of stations based on the current playing station.
- Save Station to add the current station to my stations.
When listening to Custom Radio, the following voice commands are available:
- Next, Next song, Skip or Skip song to advance to a new song.
- Thumb Up to mark a song as liked. This song will be used to tailor the current station to your preferences.
- Thumb Down to mark a song as disliked. The current song will be skipped and not played on this station.
- More Discovery to raise the discovery mode and add less familiar artists and songs to your station.
- Less Discovery to lower the discovery mode and add more familiar artists and songs to your station.
- Create Station to use the current song to create a new custom radio station.
- iHeartRadio Help to get additional help using iHeartRadio.
- Pressing the OK button will play or pause your iHeartRadio stream.
- Pressing a Preset button will play the station saved to that button.
- By pressing the SEEK buttons on the steering wheel or touch screen:
- While listening to live radio, the radio will will skip to the next station within the current category.
- While listening to custom radio, the radio will skip to a new song.
- Turning the TUNE knob will change the station within the current category:
- Commercial Free
- News & Talk
- Public Radio
- Long pressing the seek forward button (arrow pointing to the right) will Thumb Up the currently playing song.
- Long pressing the seek back button (arrow pointing to the left) will Thumb Down the currently playing song and skip to a new song.