- From the iHeart App, tap on Settings (top left corner)
- Under Settings > Apps and Voice Assistants select Alexa App Linking.
- Follow the prompts, and tap on “Link Account”
- If you have the Alexa app installed, you will be directed to the app. Allow permissions on their app
- If you don’t have the Alexa app installed, you will be prompted to log in with your Amazon account, then allow permissions on their webpage
Now you can set iHeartRadio as your default music provider to skip saying “Alexa, play… on iHeartRadio”.
- Tap on the ‘Set as Default’ button
- You will be directed to the Alexa app > Default Services page.
- Under the Music, Artists and Genre Stations, and Podcasts sections, tap on Change for each item.
- Select iHeartRadio from the presented list.
- Now you can return back to the iHeart app
For further Amazon Alexa support visit the Amazon Support Center.